Dot Sign Language is very proud to join to the Government’s Disability Confident scheme.
As an organisation which has a Deaf Director, Deaf teachers and Deaf role models working in the community, it is a natural fit. Through our Deaf awareness training with businesses, schools and youth groups we constantly strive to make the workplace and wider community accessible and welcoming for Deaf BSL users.
As an organisation we also commit to being accessible to people with other disabilities and long term health conditions to ensure they have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
• Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
• Communicating and promoting vacancies where they will be seen by people with disabilities.
• Offering interviews to disabled people.
• Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
• Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work.
Next year we will be working on achieving the next stage – Becoming a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer.