- Course fees are based on teaching hours and assessment charges.
- We use Signature and iBSL examination boards who set their own assessment fees. We add a small admin charge for filming, posting assessments and posting certificates.
- We rely on having enough students on our courses to reach a break-even point. We pay our teachers and for room hire. This is why we encourage students to book early and confirm with a payment so we know that the course can proceed. If we have to postpone or cancel a course we know how disappointing this is.
- Courses can be paid in full by BACS bank transfer before the course commences. Monthly instalments can be paid by setting up a Direct Debit – using a secure payment system, or by BACS payments. We charge a small admin charge for payments made in instalments. (We can discuss other payment methods such as cheque or cash on an individual basis.)
- Paying by instalments is an arrangement based on trust. If a student agrees an instalment plan we ask for their signed declaration that they will continue to pay for the course if they drop out part way through (the exception being if they provide a medical certificate.) The reason is that non-payment jeopardises the course for other students, which is unfair. We charge a small admin fee to pay in instalments.
- If we have fewer students enrol on a course than is needed for the break even point, we can sometimes still run the course by condensing the hours. The examination boards provide guideline hours, but these are guidelines only. If we have a small group of 2-3 students they get far more individual attention than they would in a larger class.
Dot Sign Language is an organisation working on a not-for-profit basis dedicated to teaching British Sign Language.
For nearly ten years we have taught courses in both Guildford and Woking, and always strive to keep our prices competitive and value for money.